tir, 06.09.2005 kl. 12.07 skrev Mark Martinec:

> > Hmmm ... I do that with Postfix header_ and mime_header_check PCRE
> > content filters in cleanup, after all the amavisd-new filtering.
> > amavisd-new discards only 8-bit non-mime shit (and does it very well,
> > Postfix doesn't).
>
> Postfix header/body/mime-header checks are (and should) normally be
> performed _before_ a content filter. This way message can be rejected
> if necessary, instead of generating bounces.

If I used amavisd-new as a content filter, I'd do that - but I use it as
before-queue smtp proxy, so all mumble_header/body_checks are called by
cleanup.

I know you don't recommend use of amavisd-new as smtp proxy, but in
practice it works very well on low-volume rigs; in fact the whole chain
Postfix/smtp -> amavisd-new Postfix/lmtp -> dspam(daemon)/smtp ->
Postfix -> cleanup works perfectly smtp-rejecting unwanted mail BTW,
dspam doesn't reject, just marks and passes through.

Thanks for your remarks!

--Tonni

--
mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]