Anne wrote:

> I turned of spam checking in /etc/amavis.conf:
>   @bypass_spam_checks_maps  = (1);  # uncomment to DISABLE anti-spam code

> because I just want virus checking.  I see this in my log on startup:

> Sep  6 13:50:46 hedwig amavis[15431]: ANTI-SPAM  code    NOT loaded

> but I still get these headers when I send a mail through amavis:

> ?? shouldn't I get a blank X-Spam-Status header? or no X-Spam-Status header?

> Anne

There are no X-Spam headers below:

Are you the amavisd-new admin for emji.net? My guess is the
emji.net headers were there prior to blast.com accepting this message.

$remove_existing_spam_headers  = 1; # remove existing spam headers if
                                    # spam scanning is enabled (default)

So it looks like existing X-Spam headers are not removed unless spam
scanning is enabled. It does not mean blast.com is scanning. Take a
look at your logs, they should provide clues as to whether spam
scanning is taking place or not. Look for Hits: