On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 12:04:45PM -1000, Clifton Royston wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 12:01:44AM +0200, mouss wrote:
> > Clifton Royston a écrit :
> > >
> > > I guess my point was more along the lines of: why is it routed
> > >through amavisd in the first place?  Why send a self-generated DSN
> > >through anyway?
> >
> > because he is using transport to pass mail to different amavisd's
> > depending on the recipient domain.
> > The problem is that transport is global (not restricted to smtpd). so
> > bounces will go to amavisd too.
>
>   Ah, I see.
>
>   If you replace transports with a Postfix access map that does:
>
> example.com   FILTER smtp:localhost:10026
> example.net   FILTER smtp:localhost:10025
>
>   or similar, then you can still route domains (or even specific users)
> to a specific amavisd port/instance, or even route them "around"
> amavisd and into the outbound Postfix instance, but you do not get the
> problems associated with using the transport mechanism to do it.
>
>   This is the strategy our Scora system uses.
>   -- Clifton

Yes, this would be fine too.

But being paranoid, I want everything scanned for viruses. That's including
the messages coming from the server itself, DSN, bounces. Using "sendmail"
binary probably doesn't go through access map?

Virus scanning doesn't take much resources, but spamassassin does. That's
why internal to internal mail isn't checked for spam. Amavisd didn't realize
that it was coming from mynetworks, but now it does, and isn't checked.

Cheers,
Henrik