On Sun, Sep 18, 2005 at 08:29:20PM +0200, Mark Martinec wrote:
> > Hi, I've been installing systems per the Vintinner wiki for some time
> > now without any issues until now. I've configured the system
> > per all instructions I can find to deal with this issue.
> > There have been a few sparse threads on the subject;
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=amavis-user&m=112035005722116&w=2
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=amavis-user&m=112091901015777&w=2
> >
> > However, this does nothing for me.
> > The chroot environment is sound, syslogd is creating a socket in
> > /var/amavisd/dev/log
> > With this setting amavisd is spewing to the console and I get nada in
> > maillog. What gives?
>
> I have no idea. After that first report I stared at the code, did even some
> modifications to it with 2.3.2, but I don't see what could be causing the
> behaviour described. Perhaps it is specific to OpenBSD, in which case
> someone will need to help with debugging. Try first if it works without
> chrooting.

Other things to check:

1) Could there perhaps be a wrapper script used to start it which is
invoking amavisd in debug mode?

2) Alternatively, check whether the syslog facility you're sending to
got set to something other than "mail", and check the /etc/syslog.conf
file and see if the log facility which amavisd is sending to gets
automatically mirrored to the console.  (In that case amavisd would be
correctly logging via syslog but it would still go on the console.)
  -- Clifton

--
          Clifton Royston  --  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
         Tiki Technologies Lead Programmer/Software Architect