Gary wrote:

> Nicklas wrote:

>> Thanks!

>> I only need to match the domain. And, I was planning to use qmail's default
>> rcpthosts file as the base template (spam_lovers_maps) for the domains and
>> any exceptions to the base config should go into the spam_haters file
>> (default should be to pass spam).

>> Any ideas for such setup?

>> Thanks,
>> Nicklas

> I assume then that the /lovers will contain a list of domains. This works.

> You simply have to manually add full email addresses to the haters
> file, followed by a zero. Haters will be read first, because it is
> listed first. If a match is found, the search should end there. The
> period at the end means "everyone not listed is also a lover".

> @spam_lovers_maps = ( read_hash("/spam_haters"), read_hash("/spam_lovers"),
> "." );

> /haters
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 0

> /lovers
> example.com

My last reply was rushed and possibly inaccurate. I think the "."
should have been a 1.

@spam_lovers_maps = ( read_hash("$MYHOME/spam_haters"), 1 );

May be better. If all domains will be spam_lovers by default, then
there is no need to look them up, simply make everyone a lover, and list
only the exceptions.

Contents of the spam_haters file:

# we have set @spam_lovers_maps = ( read_hash("$MYHOME/spam_haters"), 1 );
# which means everyone is a spam lover by default. If you would like to
# exclude a particular user from being a spam lover, include them in
# this associative array using a 0 for the value. For example:
# [EMAIL PROTECTED] 0
#
[EMAIL PROTECTED] 0