I will try to return all clamav to calmav user ...
I check all the how to ... I try verbose loging ... but I cant find why I get WARN: all primary virus scanners failed, considering backups .... :(

thanx !

Gary V wrote:

Alan wrote:

Thanx Gary !
freebsd# ps aux | grep clamd
vscan 68766 0.0 0.6 12868 12316 ?? Is 10:03AM 0:00.00 /usr/local/sbin/clamd
root    69944  0.0  0.0  1416   576  p0  RL+  11:49AM   0:00.00 grep clamd

I make the changes in amavisd.conf ... I restart it .... but the same warning in maillog ... "WARN: all primary virus scanners failed, considering backups"

Before you make any changes, show me output from:
ls -ld /var/log/clamav/
ls -ld /var/run/clamav/
ls -ld /var/db/clamav/
grep vscan /etc/group

clamd should not be running as user 'vscan'. Changing the user to
vscan means that you would also have to change ownership of a number of
directories. You can do that if you like, or you can put
the User back to 'clamav' in clamd.conf, and DatabaseOwner back to
'clamav' in freshclam.conf.

If you want to keep running as vscan, you need to change ownership of
these directories (stop clamd first):

chown -R vscan:vscan /var/log/clamav/
chown -R vscan:vscan /var/run/clamav/
chown -R vscan:vscan /var/db/clamav

If you do not, then set your User back to clamav:
In clamd.conf, set:
User clamav

and in freshclam.conf
DatabaseOwner clamav

then stop and start clamd and amavisd-new.

Just make sure these three directories are owned by the user you have
listed in clamd.conf and freshclam.conf. I recommend using the default
of 'clamav'. It make upgrades easier. Then follow the instructions at
the top of the howto:
http://www200.pair.com/mecham/spam/clamav-amavisd-new.html