Nicklas wrote:

>> listed as a

>> amavisd, then
>> particular

>> > Must be this screwing things up, making everyone a spam-lover by
>> > default;
>>
>> > @spam_lovers_maps = ( read_hash("/spam-haters"), 1 );
>>
>> > Any way to get around it?
>>
>> > Nicklas B
>>
>> Here is the example from the "negative read_hash" post:
>>
>> @spam_lovers_maps = ( read_hash("$MYHOME/spam_haters"), 1 );
>>
>> If all domains will be spam_lovers by default, then there is
>> no need to look them up, simply make everyone a lover, and
>> list only the exceptions.
>>
>> Contents of the spam_haters file:
>>
>> # we have set @spam_lovers_maps = (
>> read_hash("$MYHOME/spam_haters"), 1 ); # which means everyone
>> is a spam lover by default.
>> # If you would like to exclude a
>> # particular user from being a spam lover, include them in #
>> this associative array using a 0 for the value. For example:
>> # [EMAIL PROTECTED] 0
>> #
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 0  this would mean 'spam_lover' false
>> .example2.com 0                     'spam_lover' false
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]                   'spam_lover' true
>>
>> (the .example2.com users are not spam_lovers, but
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wants to be a spam_lover)
>>
>> So, everyone is a spam_lover by default. If you want to
>> exclude a single user, or entire domain from being a spam
>> lover, they must be in the spam_haters file with a "0" after them.
>>
>> Try it. Place the user (or domain) you are trying to send the
>> particular message to in this file, with a zero after them.
>> amavisd reload
>>
>> Gary V

> This will probably result in the recipient not getting any tagged spam at
> all?

> Is it possible to be a spam lover by default with the exception of hard
> blacklisting for a specific domain and/or sender?

> The recipient should always get tagged spam mails with the exception of a
> blacklisted sender.

> Thanks,
> Nicklas B

Hmm, how did I know this would be your next question?
AFAIK, amavisd-new treats a hard blacklisted message just as it would
an extremely high scoring spam, so the same rules apply. If you use
Postfix, it is not difficult to reject mail from a particular client
or sender, but to have a separate list of senders on a per-domain
basis is beyond my experience level. The Postfix people might help
there. Rejecting blacklisted senders at the front door is the best
approach if you can get it. This way, at least they get notified.

It may also be possible for your users to filter the message
based on the BLACKLISTED keyword during delivery, if they have
software capable of this, or MUAs that support this, but I would not
doubt your user base uses very diverse software.

There is another possibility, but I think it is definitely
a bad idea: It might be possible
in Postfix to use header_checks to discard the mail during
reinjection, but this could get messy. You may not be able to use
header_checks for much else if you did this (because you don't want to
reject mail back to amavisd-new), and you would have to make sure your
regex was not sloppy. You would not want to discard the copy that gets
delivered to the quarantine.

Gary V

Thanks Mark!