Jim wrote:
> I have installed dspam under /usr/local/bin/dspam and included
> $dspam = 'dspam'; in the amavisd.conf (and restarted). But
> amavisd-new debug says $dspam not found - not using it. What`s
> wrong. Thank you for help.

Jim, I just set a Debian machine up from scratch (as far as MySQL
and Dspam goes) and I thought this "how I did it" might be of use. This works
for me and should give you an idea of what is involved. I'm sorry this
is all off-topic. Paths to libraries/includes are specific to Debian.
No doubt this could be improved.

apt-get install mysql-server-4.1 libsqlite0-dev libmysqlclient14-dev
## you need those two libraries

mysql -u root
SET PASSWORD FOR 'root'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('RootPassword');
SET PASSWORD FOR 'root'@'somehost' = PASSWORD('RootPassword');
create database dspam;
quit
## note - somehost - is the machine's host name

mkdir /usr/local/etc
cd /usr/local/src
wget http://www.nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam/sources/dspam-3.6.0.tar.gz
tar xzvf dspam-3.6.0.tar.gz
cd dspam-3.6.0/src/tools.mysql_drv
mysql dspam -u root -pRootPassword< mysql_objects-speed.sql
mysql dspam -u root -pRootPassword< virtual_users.sql
cp purge-4.1.sql /usr/local/etc

mysql -u root -pRootPassword
use dspam;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'dspam'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY
'(DspamPassword)' WITH GRANT OPTION;
SET PASSWORD FOR 'dspam'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('DspamPassword');
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
quit

cd /usr/local/src/dspam-3.6.0
./configure --with-storage-driver=mysql_drv --with-mysql-libraries=/usr/lib
--with-mysql-includes=/usr/include/mysql --enable-virtual-users
--with-dspam-home=/var/lib/amavis/dspam --enable-signature-headers
--without-delivery-agent --without-quarantine-agent --enable-debug
make
make install

vi /usr/local/etc/dspam.conf

Trust amavis

MySQLServer     localhost
MySQLPort       3306
MySQLUser       dspam
MySQLPass       DspamPassword
MySQLDb         dspam
MySQLCompress   true

crontab -e
0 0 * * * /usr/bin/mysql -udspam -pDspamPassword dspam <
/usr/local/etc/purge-4.1.sql

vi /etc/amavis/amavisd.conf
$dspam = 'dspam';

chmod u-s,a+rx /usr/local/bin/dspam
chown -R amavis:amavis /var/lib/amavis/dspam

amavisd-new stop
amavisd-new debug

(Send a message through and check for DSPAM headers.)
amavisd-new start

dspam_stats -H
(should show some data)

Now train DPSPAM according to documentation (some training
will be done by amavisd-new), and at some point, add this to local.cf:

header DSPAM_SPAM X-DSPAM-Result =~ /^Spam$/
describe DSPAM_SPAM DSPAM claims it is spam
score DSPAM_SPAM 0.5

header DSPAM_HAM X-DSPAM-Result =~ /^Innocent$/
describe DSPAM_HAM DSPAM claims it is ham
score DSPAM_HAM -0.1