Mark Martinec wrote:

Matt,

I'm running amavisd-new-2.3.3
I recently noticed when the Worm.Mytob.CV comes in which seems to
contain a .zip file with a double-extension file inside, my banned rules
trigger correctly. (which are set to D_BOUNCE)
But instead of acting upon it, amavisd asks my virusscanner too which in
the end finally discards it. (D_DISCARD)
This isn't much of a problem mail-wise but it messes up my stats a bit
as the mail now counts as BANNED _AND_ INFECTED
I'd prefer only have it listed as INFECTED (or BANNED if not otherwise
possible)

Is is possible to somewhere tell it to end at its first finding or
something like that?

How do you collect your statistics? In the amavisd-agent report counters
each mail is counter to exactly one category. It falls in one of the following categories, first match wins: virus, banned, spam, bad-header, oversized, clean.

See the first section in:
  http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/amavisd-new-docs.html

It is important that virus scanning is not skipped even if mail contents
is banned: with infected mail it is desirable that nondelivery notification
is NOT sent, while in banned but non-infected mail a NDN is usually desired.
Hi

I'm using amavis-stats to get a nice graph of all mails....
Probably it isn't able to distinguish like that...
That's why I'd love to get rid of the banned logs if a virus is found. Or in other words: if the virus check doesn't find anything, THEN do banned checks.. That would be the best for me.. But I guess it isn't possible to 'reorder' those things easily?

Thanks

Matt