Rich,

> Is there a way to have amavisd-new 2.3.3 delete the message amavis-*
> file in the /tmp directory after it has been released from quarantine
> using the the AM.PDP interface?

You mean deleting the quarantine files in /var/virusmails/... ?

(temporary files in $TEMPBASE are being deleted automatically
regardless of quarantining)

> I am trying to create a custom
> Quarantine management script with SQL.  I have the SQL Quarantine setup
> and working fine and can see the entire message in the DB.  I was
> thinking about just bypassing the AM.PDP interface completly and
> reinjecting the message stored in the DB directly to Postfix on port
> 10025.

You can do that. It would require duplicating much of the code
that is already present in amavisd (handling SQL chunks, SMTP client code,
removing auxiliary header fields ...), but is certainly doable.

> But this would still leave the /tmp directory files.

No it won't.
See http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/#faq-gen
perhaps you have a misunderstanding what /var/amavis/tmp is for.

> Is any
> body see this as a problem, or am I thinking to much into this and
> shouldn't worry too much about the /tmp directory and just run a script
> to kill things that are >30 days?

There shouldn't be much in $TEMPBASE. If you see a non-negligible
amount of leftover files there, there must be a good reason for this
and you should check your logs and fix the problem. Check also
if amavisd-nanny reports any processes that 'went away'. I usually
run amavisd-nanny once or twice a week just to make sure there
were no surprises in previous days.