RHutton wrote:

> The problem used to be twofold.

> 1) There was no way of specifying system maximums.  Eg. drop anything with
> a spam score higher then 30, or quarentine all virus emails.  The user
> could always override the "maximums".

Well, the first match wins, so someone's setting will be used (someone
for example being: [EMAIL PROTECTED], @domain, @., static default), and
others that come after will not. In SQL I believe you can give the
'system' (domain or catchall) higher priority, but then the individual
would not have a further say for a particular setting. If a user does
not configure a given setting, then lower priority settings or defaults
will be used. I think to implement what you want may require two
separate installations of amavisd-new. The first would
(for example) quarantine then drop all viruses and drop anything over 30, then
forward it to the second copy where users could do what they wish. The cleanest
way may be to set up two separate servers. The downside would be the second
server could get very busy if a message had 100 local recipients as I believe it
would have to process all 100 of the separate messages. Amavisd-new
does cache results however so if it got 100 messages with the same body,
it wouldn't have to spam-check or virus check every copy.

> 2) If an email was sent to three recipients, and one of them passed it,
> then all recipients would get it because amavis did not modify the
> envelope.

This does not reflect what I have experienced.

> Thanks,
> Rob

BTW, don't CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]