Gary V wrote:

Bojan wrote:

Hi Santos,

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Santos
Sent: Friday, 30 December 2005 9:15 a.m.
To: amavis-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [AMaViS-user] Custom spamassassin rule don't work

I have this custom rule on /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf

uri GEOCITIES /^http:\/\/(uk|it|de|sg|ar|jp|in|es|au|ca|www)\.geocities\.com
\/.*\/\?/i
describe GEOCITIES Tons of spam with Geocities URL
score    GEOCITIES 4.0

However it simply doesn't work. Geocities spam, still enters my mailbox. SA headers show nothing about this URI test. Someone recomended this rule to stop geo spam, i just added the other country sub-domains.

The rule looks ok to me. It should happily check something like (I put
spaces to evade various filters):

Ht tp:// uk. geocities. com/asdf/?asdf

As Mark said, did you put whole uri into one line?
Also, did you restart amavisd-new after this? Remember that all SpamAssassin
files will be parsed only at the beginning.

You can test this from command line - just use spamassassin -D and redirect
the raw e-mail message to it.

Cheers,
Bojan

Yes, I see, \/.*\/\?
a forward slash, followed by anything, followed by a forward slash,
followed by a question mark, but that is why it no longer works.
There is no longer a question mark in the URLs. I also wonder if the
trailing forward slash is also not present on some, but it is present
on all the ones in my quarantine at this time.

Gary V

Yes, this was the cause. Thanks to all that replied. It works now :)

Santos