Ok, some extra information about the subject. I discovered the exact
line that is causing the problem and it was not the first line I
mentioned previously. It appeared that in between my mail server and
the pop3 server of my friend the header of one part of the message got
altered.

The outline of the mail I send is as follows.

    <headers>

    --------------boundary

    <mail body>

    --------------boundary

    <signature>
    --------------boundary--

However, when received, the first header line of the mail body part
got changed to:

And this is what causes the signature to be invalid. If I save the
message and correct this to what it should be, the mail is valid
again. Notice the extra quotes added and the other order of the e-
mail. If I keep these and thus getting the following line.

Then the mail is also invalid. Strangly if the header of the
attachment itself are altered (added newlines) the mail is still
valid.

But because of your responses I now understand that it is not caused
by amavis, but some other program. So I will search further in my
quest for unaltered e-mails :D. Thanks for the responses.

Greetings,

Ralph