Kai,

> Apr  4 16:13:22 localhost amavis[26538]: (26538-01) WARN
> save_info_preliminary: sql execute: sts=, Insecure dependency in
> parameter 10 of DBI::st=HASH(0xa241794)->execute method call while
> running with -T switch at (eval 38) line 127, <GEN22> line 75. at (eval
> 38) line 131, <GEN22> line 75.

Thanks.

Could it be that $myhostname is tainted?

Try to set it explicitly in amavisd.conf, e.g.:
  $myhostname = 'host.example.com';
(using your true host name and domain)

Brian,

> Cant say for sure. I think Mark fixed a taint bug in a recent release
> candidate of 2.40, but I cant say if its the same one.

It probably isn't the same one, the parameter number is different.

> Do what Mark
> suggested and upgrade to 2.40 and make sure you make the appropriate
> schema changes on the database.

Indeed one field needs to be added.
You need not be taken out if you later decided to switch back to 2.3.3.