Danny,

> @local_domains_maps = ( read_hash('/var/amavis/local_domains') );
> The Errormessage for 2.4.1-pr1 is:
> Error in config file "/etc/amavisd.conf": Error reading from
> /var/amavis/local_domains: Bad file descriptor at /usr/sbin/amavisd line
> 2029, <GEN0> line2.
>
> It works when /var/amavis/local_domains with a newline after the last entry
> --------------------------
> .example.com
> .noexample.com
>
> -------------------------

Are you sure you need to put *two* linefeeds at the end of file?
I expect your first case was just missing a LF at the end of last line.

The following entry from release notes looks terribly similar,
and indicates a PerlIO bug, hit when the last line is not LF-terminated:

- run_av and other similar code sections: replace line-by-line reads by
  block-by-block reads wherever possible to avoid inappropriate status report
  EBADF (Bad file descriptor) caused by Perl I/O bug when last line is not
  terminated by a newline. The problem was affecting reading response from
  some command line virus checkers; reported by Sander Steffann;

Unfortunately the read_hash needs to read file by lines, so your
choice is to either work around a Perl bug, or report it to perl bug tracking.
Perhaps it is already fixed in later versions of Perl - what is your version?