Adam,

> Trying to upgrade from amavisd-new 2.3.3 to 2.4.1.  RedHat9 has Net::Cmd
> 2.21 as part of the main perl package.  Any chance of getting by with
> 2.21 with a milter setup.  I am hoping that maybe the code only uses
> Net::Cmd when running amavisd's SMTP code so commenting out the version
> requirement might work under a milter setup.

Indeed, you don't need Net::Cmd in a milter setup
so it is ok to ignore its version.

Actually, if SMTP is not mentioned in any of the following
settings:
  forward_method notify_method os_fingerprint_method
  clean_quarantine_method virus_quarantine_method
  spam_quarantine_method banned_files_quarantine_method
  bad_header_quarantine_method
then module Amavis::Out::SMTP shouldn't even have been compiled.
I wonder what you need SMTP support for? Quarantining?
Notifications? (it is more usual to send notifications via
pipe in a milter setup).