Jan,

> I have the following rule in my amavis config to block undecipherable
> archives:
>
> # # block if any component can not be decoded (is encrypted or bad archive)
> qr'(?# BLOCK IF UNDECIPHERABLE ) ^ (.*\t)? A=U (\t.*)? \z'xmi,
>
> But when I send a corrupt test zip archive (if you want the attachment,
> please email me) through amavis, it is not blocked. I created the corrupt
> test zip archive by taking a valid zip file, opening it in notepad and
> deleting a couple of lines. When I open the resulting zip in winzip I get
> an error that the zip file is corrupt.
>
> Amavis logs the following debug lines (it gives an io error when
> decompressing the zip):

> So my question is how amavis determines if a file is undecipherable? And
> why was the corrupt zip file not blocked?
>
> I have also tested with an encrypted zip and in that case the file is
> blocked (amavis determines the file is encrypted and undecipherable).

Please see 'sub do_unzip' in file amavisd.

In 2.4.1 it contains the following two commented-out lines:

# $part->attributes_add('U');  # perhaps not, it flags as **UNCHECKED** too
#                              # many bounces containing chopped-off zip

So what you expect was there, but turned out to be nonproductive
and was disabled.