Leonardo,

> >     Guys .... i'm sure the answer must be clear for some .... but it
> > isnt clear for me what are the differences between AWL and pen pals soft
> > whitelisting, the new feature of 2.4.2.

Besides what Gary already said, let me try in plain words:

AWL builds a sender's reputation (based on average of his past messages).
It does not take into account recipient addresses.

Pen pals deals with sender/recipient pairs. An outgoing mail opens
up a temporary gate for a reply, only from this sender back to this recipient.
Bonus points slowly fade away - a quick reply gets a full bonus,
a late reply gets a fraction.

> > Can you point me some advantages and disadvantages of each one,
> > comparing to the other ?

Best to have them both :)

AWL builds a long-term average. It helps regular senders to
overcome an occasional high score in their message contents.

It could potentially help to block spam with a temporary low score
from the same sender, but this in practice has no effect
as spamers are changing sender addresses all the time.

Pen pals reacts immediately, replies get a bunus right away,
regardless of contents of previous mail sent by a replier.

If you already have a SQL logging database then adding pen pals
whitelisting is very cheap, otherwise setting up a database
involves some basic SQL admin skills, and an occasional database
cleanup is needed (cron or manually, weekly or perhaps nightly,
see README.sql).