Hello,

the new version of Panda Antivirus for Linux, now called Panda
CommandLineSecure 9 for Linux, has incompatible command line options
with the old one. Here's the amavisd.conf entry that I use for the new
version:

  ### http://www.pandasoftware.com/
  ['Panda CommandLineSecure 9 for Linux', ['/opt/pavcl/usr/bin/pavcl'],
    '-auto -aex -heu -cmp -nbr -nor -nos -eng -nob {}',
    qr/Number of files infected[ .]*: 0+(?!\d)/,
    qr/Number of files infected[ .]*: 0*[1-9]/,
    qr/Found virus :\s*(\S+)/ ],

Please include it in amavisd-new.
The /opt/pavcl is hardcoded in binaries, so this path is mandatory in
all distributions.

BTW For all potential Panda users, and for the archives, you should
start the Panda in resident mode with
/opt/pavcl/usr/bin/pavcl -tsr
before starting amavisd-new. Panda then becomes very efficient (the
bases are loaded only once at startup).
In your signature update script you should do
/opt/pavcl/usr/bin/pavcl -tsr -ulr; /opt/pavcl/usr/bin/pavcl -tsr
to reload bases.

It works really nice for me as the third AV, next to another
proprietary AV and ClamAV. It runs last in chain, I use
$first_infected_stops_scan, and it accounts for 1/5000 of all detected
viruses (which is MUCH IMO, the two antiviruses are not enough...) Of
course YMMV.

Please review other options of pavcl, for example:
       -nomalw   Does not detect Malware
       -nojoke   Does not detect Jokes
       -nodial   Does not detect Dialers
       -nohackt   Does not detect Hacking Tools
       -nospyw   Does not detect Spyware
       -nocookies   Does not detect Tracking Cookies.
to not be surprised with false positives.

Regards,
Andrzej Kukula