Bryan,

> It took me a while to figure out how to get the spam headers into incoming
> email.  It turned out I had to include the domains in the amavisd.conf
> file in these parameters: local_domains_maps and local_domains_acl.  I was
> looking for some confirmation that this was indeed what I was supposed to
> do.

Indeed, local domains need to include all your domains.
Either set the new config variable @local_domains_map directly,
or use legacy variables @local_domains_acl or %local_domains
- you don't need to do both.

>From amavisd.conf-sample:

# Lookup list of local domains (see README.lookups for syntax details)
#
# @local_domains_maps list of lookup tables are used in deciding whether a
# recipient is local or not, or in other words, if the message is outgoing
# or not. This affects inserting spam-related headers for local recipients,
# limiting recipient virus notifications (if enabled) to local recipients,
# in deciding if address extension may be appended, and in SQL lookups
# for non-fqdn addresses. Set it up correctly if you need features
# that rely on this setting (or just leave empty otherwise).
#
# With Postfix (2.0) a quick hint on what local domains normally are:
# a union of domains specified in: mydestination, virtual_alias_domains,
# virtual_mailbox_domains, and relay_domains.

> I am not familiar with the network tests.  Razor or URIBL.  Are they
> straightforward to setup?  What are they're puposes?

Besides the good advice from Bowie Bailey, turning on DCC and Bayes
in SA is also worthwhile. And the new versions of SA bring their
utility sa-update, which is similar to SARE rules but updates
the 'official' SA rules.