Hi folks, having a problem with spam coming in with no spam header at all,
but does include the 'scanned by' header notation.

Here's an example of mail that does not have the header:

http://pastebin.stonekeep.com/13

Here's another one that does - so the headers -are- getting in, just not
consistently:

http://pastebin.stonekeep.com/12

The installation is on Debian 'stable' linux, which dpkg shows as:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ dpkg -l|grep -i amavis
ii  amavisd-new    20030616p10-5  Interface between MTA and virus
scanner/cont

Spamassassin appears to be 3.0.3 with some Debian patches.

Are the spammers doing something to bypass Amavisd + SA?  My goal is to
have -all- messages have a X-Spam-Status line in them.  In my amavisd.conf
file, I have:

$sa_tag_level_deflt  = -9999.0; # add spam info headers if at, or
above that level
$sa_tag2_level_deflt = 4.5; # add 'spam detected' headers at that
level
$sa_kill_level_deflt = $sa_tag2_level_deflt; # triggers spam
evasive actions

        -dbs

--
Dave Belfer-Shevett \ KB1FWR \ JID: [EMAIL PROTECTED] \