Richard wrote:

> hello all,

> tried googling and check this list, but no clear answer on my issue.

At our company (>>6000 users) we have postfix/amavisd in place on our
> internet mail gateways (works perfect ;-)). As a company policy we block
> a long list of attachments (aka banned filenames), works ok.

> We have some recipients in our company that often recieve banned
> attachements from 'trusted' senders (mail-addresses), we have to
> manually release those mails (we use amavisd-release). However this
> happens more and more often and now we have to find a way to tell
> amavisd to bypass the banned checks for a combination of sender and
> recipient addresses. We know a sender-address is easy to fake, but we
> don't know all source IP-addresses and it is always a bit more secure.

> I have tried to use banned_files_lovers_maps and
> bypass_banned_checks_maps and played around with policy_bank; we can
> configure amavisd to bypass banned mails to a certain recipient, but not
> in combination with a specific sender-address...

> Could anyone please let us know if this will work with amavisd and how
> we should configure amavisd?
> so:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] -->> [EMAIL PROTECTED]    should bypass banned checks
[EMAIL PROTECTED] -->> [EMAIL PROTECTED]    should bypass banned checks
[EMAIL PROTECTED] -->> [EMAIL PROTECTED]    must be checked
[EMAIL PROTECTED] -->> [EMAIL PROTECTED]    must be checked
> etc.

> As an extra feature we may want ta add source IP-address if applicable.

> Thanks in advance

> Richard

Work backwards from this thread to see how we came up with this
conclusion.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=amavis-user&m=113364463710590&w=2