Gary,

> The score is actually x (not relevant?), BLACKLISTED is higher than any
> possible kill_level. For mail that is delivered, the score would
> read "X-Spam-Score: -", but it looks like in the quarantined message
> it says "X-Spam-Score: 0" and it appears that is the number that is
> compared to spam_quarantine_cutoff_level. So I see what you mean. The
> expected behavior would be that given BLACKLISTED is higher than any
> possible kill_level, we would assume BLACKLISTED would also be higher
> than any possible spam_quarantine_cutoff_level, but this is not the
> case. I set spam_quarantine_cutoff_level = -1; (not much different
> than setting $spam_quarantine_to = undef;) and BLACKLISTED mail was
> no longer quarantined. It looks like the use of soft blacklisting is
> a way to push the score above spam_quarantine_cutoff_level, so your
> idea to use it will discard this mail, if that is your goal.

You are right, there is an inconsistency in quarantining code
which takes into account only score points, but ignores
hard white/black-listing. I'm aware of it, keep dragging this
to-do entry from version to version, but I'm not sure if I really
want to make blacklisting higher than spam_quarantine_cutoff_level
for the purpose of turning off quarantining.