Ed,

(from three weeks ago):
> Before I'd do foo+=$score from the parsed score now the dash or plus makes
> that fail.
> So now I will need to identify the score with the dash, or plus sign,
> separate the components then do the math then sum the score.
> In any case before we could depend on the score being a number we could
> manipulate. Now we need to jump thru hoops to get the score. Another way
> to identify the score modification (+/-3) could be used.

I admit it can be clumsy to parse such log.

Two things:

- the "SPAM-TAG, ..." log entry is not intended for parsing and log analysis;
  all relevant information is available in the main log entry, or can be
  added to it, by adjusting $log_templ (or $log_recip_templ if per-recipient
  log entries is preferred). The information can include score, size, list
  of SA tests, autolearn status, ... - see list of macros in README.customize;

- the macro c (i.e. %c) indeed shows the score as an explicit sum of SA score
  and boosts, same as in the "SPAM-TAG, ..." log entry, so it is still
  cumbersome for parsing. Macro SCORE (i.e. [:SCORE]) is currently (in 2.4.2)
  the same as %c. With version or amavisd-new 2.4.3 I'll change the macro
  SCORE so that it will return a single number (a sum of SA score and boost),
  so it will be easier to parse the log, and let admin choose which format
  he prefers in the log by using one of the two forms in $log_templ:
    , Hits: [:SCORE]#
  or:
    , Hits: %c#