Michael,

> Never mind.  Some idiot that looks a lot like me commented out the
> @lookup_sql_dsn line.

:)

> Still, Q:  in README.sql, it doesn't mention
> spam_quarantine_cutoff_level

Omission in the docs, I'll fix it, thanks.

The field is there:
  spam_quarantine_cutoff_level float default NULL,

and the following one is missing in the documentation too:
  clean_quarantine_to  varchar(64) default NULL,

In both cases, missing field is interpreted as NULL,
meaning a fallback to static settings.