-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gary V
Sent: Thursday, 24 August 2006 1:16 AM
To: AMaViS-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [AMaViS-user] mail not being dumped if got high spam count

Troy wrote:

> In the amavis.conf file in the spamassassin area I have the following but
> mail that is above 10 is still being delivered. Sample header of delivered
> mail at the bottom. So what I want to happen is spam that is 6.3 or more
but
> less than 10 gets delivered with ***SPAM*** and if more than 10 then it
just
> gets deleted

> ----------- amavis.conf -------------
> # default values, can be overridden by more specific lookups, e.g. SQL
> $sa_tag_level_deflt  = 1.0; # add spam info headers if at, or above that
> level
> $sa_tag2_level_deflt = 6.3; # add 'spam detected' headers at that level
> $sa_kill_level_deflt = $sa_tag2_level_deflt; # triggers spam evasive
actions
>                            # at or above that level: bounce/reject/drop,
>                            # quarantine, and adding mail address extension

> $sa_dsn_cutoff_level = 10;  # spam level beyond which a DSN is not sent,
>                             # effectively turning D_BOUNCE into D_DISCARD;
>                             # undef disables this feature and is a
default;

You appear to have general misconceptions of what some of these
settings do. I could simply give you the settings you need to do what
you want to do, but it would be better if you were made aware of how
the settings work. This may provide insight:

http://www200.pair.com/mecham/spam/amavisd-settings.html

Read it, then show what you came up with (if you like).

Ok changed this area
$final_virus_destiny      = D_DISCARD; # (defaults to D_BOUNCE)
$final_banned_destiny     = D_BOUNCE;  # (defaults to D_BOUNCE)
$final_spam_destiny       = D_DISCARD;  # (defaults to D_REJECT)
$final_bad_header_destiny = D_PASS;  # (defaults to D_PASS), D_BOUNCE
suggested

The $final_spam_destine was D_PASS so changed this to D_DISCARD so the mail
just gets deleted as such

Then set the following to
$sa_tag_level_deflt  = 1.0; # add spam info headers if at, or above that
level
$sa_tag2_level_deflt = 6.3; # add 'spam detected' headers at that level
$sa_kill_level_deflt = 10; # triggers spam evasive actions
                           # at or above that level: bounce/reject/drop,
                           # quarantine, and adding mail address extension

$sa_dsn_cutoff_level = 15;  # spam level beyond which a DSN is not sent,
                            # effectively turning D_BOUNCE into D_DISCARD;
                            # undef disables this feature and is a default;

So does this seem ok, I will see how it goes