I saw the "new" feature of "plus addressing" and of course got a bit
excited.  For a little while, at least.

Now I can't seem to figure out how to use it in my setup.  I feed the
mails from postfix *before* address rewriting, to save steps all
according to the help texts and manuals.

I currently use these settings in master.cf:

smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       100       smtpd
     -o cleanup_service_name=pre-cleanup

pre-cleanup  unix n     -       n       -       0       cleanup
     -o virtual_alias_maps=
     -o canonical_maps=
     -o sender_canonical_maps=
     -o recipient_canonical_maps=
     -o masquerade_domains=

cleanup   unix  n       -       n       -       0       cleanup
     -o mime_header_checks=
     -o nested_header_checks=
     -o body_checks=
     -o header_checks=

The effect is that an incoming mail to this address ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
is that it's fed as-is to amavis for scanning.  When considered SPAM,
it's rewritten as [EMAIL PROTECTED] - All well so far.

Then it's fed back to postfix which tries to look it up for remapping,
here it goes far up sh*t creek...  There is *no* lists+spam in the database.

The unmodified address remapping would result in a local address of
[EMAIL PROTECTED], but with the "+spam" attached it goes down the drain.

I would like to use the feature, but I can't really think of a decent
way of setting it up.
--

Anders Norrbring
Norrbring Consulting