R.Smits,

> Difficult problem. I want to apply a different spamassassin rule to the
> outgoing mail stream. I know about the policy bank MYNETS.
> I want to block all the mail to the internet with a specific string in
> the subject. But I do not want to apply this rule to the incoming stream.

You probably don't need two completely different sets of rules,
but just few modified or conditionalized rules, as also indicated
in Gary's posting:

| If internal_networks and trusted_networks are set up properly, one
| could assume mail from ALL_TRUSTED is outbound (rather it originates
| from your network - not exactly the same thing). This meta rule would
| also hit on mail from one internal client to another however:

The all_trusted does not necessarily mean outbound, mail from
internal_networks might indicate this, unless you have roaming users
or a separate MSA.

Btw, 'outgoing mail' is not necessarily the same as 'originating
from my users'. Make sure you know which you have in mind.
Also, since mail can have multiple recipients, 'outgoing'
applies on per-recipient basis, where 'originating from my users'
applies on a per-message basis. As SA (when called from amavisd)
is called once per message, the only reliable SA tests are
on the message originator.

One possibility is to add a SA test which checks on a particular
Received header field (like some specific internal IP address),
and conditionalize the other test (using meta rules).