Ilo wrote:

> Hi

> Ive  got two servers running amavisd-new using spamassassin both with
> equal MX preference, now im using bayes with mysql DB and my one box
> has a higher hit rate than the other ,

> 1st =  %35.6: BAYES_99=4.3
> 2nd = %87.7: BAYES_99=4.3

> and obvisouly the server with the lower his rate is letting in a lot
> more spam now.. any Idea why? or how fix this ?

My observations indicate that just because they have equal preference
does not necessarily mean other servers will use them equally.
It appears one gets a lot more spam than the other. A couple ideas:
you could have them both use one database (possibly on another
machine) or possibly back up the bayes data on the one machine
(sa-learn --backup and sa-learn --restore) and restore it to the
other on occasion. I don't doubt there are other solutions and I'm not
sure the backup and restore concept is ideal. Is one of the servers
used for outgoing mail, where it may see a lot more ham, so a smaller
percentage of spam would be expected?