Ihsan,

> I'm running amavisd-new on Solaris 9 and it was running for over a year
> without any problems. Recently, the child processes are crashing in some
> rare cases.
>
> This is the backtrace that I have got with gdb:
> #0  0xfea53d14 in UUCleanUp ()
>    from /opt/csw/lib/perl/csw/auto/Convert/UUlib/UUlib.so
> I have updated the uulib Perl module to the most recent version,
> but it didn't change anything. What is going wrong here?

I'm not surprised there are other bugs in the uulib library,
it doesn't have exactly a clean past :)

The best course of action would be to track the problem and/or
prepare a stripped-down test case. It is likely that the command-line
utility uudeview (which comes with uulib and uses the same library)
would fail on such a test case too. Then send a problem report
(or even better, a patch) to the maintainer of a Perl module
Convert::UUlib (which brings its own copy of uulib in the package).

You may send me a sample too, although I'm not promising anything.