I just noticed that some emails have been taking so long to process by
amavisd-new that things time out and the email gets stuck in the queue.

This is currently happening with amavisd-new 2.4.3, but not necessarily
specific to that version as I haven't made an effort to test with older
versions.

The problematic emails have no problem at all if I manually scan them
with spamassassin (does not even take a long time), but then amavisd_new
chews on them, it chews for an indefinite amount of time and then gives
up (actually gets killed after five minutes by a small helper utility).

A copy of a problematic email can be found here:
    http://cache.arrak.fi/misc/trouble_20061009.txt

Please note that the To: line of the email contains about 377
*kilobytes* of addresses (that is something like 16000+ email
addresses), leading me to believe amavisd_new is trying to do something
with that line and simply gets overwhelmed.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]     GSM  +358-40-767 8282
Oy Arrak Software Ab   http://www.arrak.fi