Hi,

I am using amavis with spamassassin 3.0.3-2 for a Postfix/Cyrus IMAP
system on Debian sarge. I have inherited this system from another
administrator. I would like to ensure that Bayes filtering is working.
When I go to /var/lib/amavis/.spamassassin/ the bayes_seen database is
being regularly updated, but the bayes_toks database is not.

Do I need to turn a setting on, or is this how this setup should be
functioning?

I would also like to use sa-learn to teach the bayes filter about spam
and ham in certain mail folders. If I run sa-learn as root I of course
update the bayes_toks and bayes_seen database in /root/.spamassassin,
but I assume that Amavis/SA can not access it there.

I have made symbolic links to the bayes databases in
/var/lib/amavis/.spamassassin although sa-learn seems to work, It
doesn't appear to have updated bayes_toks or bayes_seen.

What is the best way to use/configure sa-learn with my setup?

I hope I've given enough details, any help will be gratefully received.

Kind regards,

John