-----Original Message-----
From: Gregory Malsack
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2006 10:44 AM
To: amavis-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [AMaViS-user] Amavisd-new does not start after yum install
on

Sorry for the wierd way of replying, my account had digest mode on.

Hello All,

Thanks for the response Mike, however, I currently have 1.16 installed.
I have 1.12, 1.14, and 1.16 downloaded as rpms. I have tried all 3
versions and I keep getting the same error.

Process that I have been using;
1.           uninstall amavisd-new
2.           uninstall the archive-zip rpm
3.           install the new version
4.           install amavisd-new
5.           start amavisd
6.           error
7.           start over at #1

The error does not change. It is always the same one. I have installed
amavisd-new on several other servers using yum and never had this
problem before, However this server had the wrong yum repos when I
attempted to install it the first time and got lots of errors regarding
missing dependencies. Once I corrected the yum repos, the yum errors
went away, and the install went fine, however now I am getting this
error.

Greg

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 12/11/2006 10:19:09
AM:
> Problem in the Amavis::Unpackers code: Archive::Zip version 1.14
> required--this is only version 1.01 at (eval 50) line 21.
>
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 50) line 21.

Looks like your Achive::Zip package is out of date.  Use Fedora's tools
or
PEAR to grab a newer version.

Mike