On 12/14/06, Mark Martinec <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks, that is now much more informative.
>
> So it seems your file(1) crashes with segmentation violation (SEGV).
> Very bad.
>
> See if upgrading file(1) to the current version solves the problem
> (4.19 at ftp://ftp.astron.com/pub/file/ ).
>
> If it does, you are done, otherwise the maintainer or the file(1)
> utility needs to be notified and a test sample made available.

I updated to last version, and tested with some emails and the error
message did not come back (five minutes has passed since updating
file(1))

> Why would you be losing any mail?
>
> Unless you make a serious (almost intentional) misconfiguration,
> normally mail just stays in MTA queue for a later retry.

Maybe I do not have a perfect config, but the emails never come back,
they are deferred and I receive 4hs later an advice from postfix.

I will be monitoring this and tell you if something different happens.

Thanks for all your help!!

Andres