Is the following message coming from amavisd-new? This happens often when
they are sending an email to someone within the same domain.  How do I turn
off spam scanning on outgoing mail in Amavisd-new so that only incoming
email is scanned for spam? Or how else would I solve this problem?

I have searched the archives both on Google and amavis.org, but I haven't
yet found anything covering the subject.

"A message from <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> to:
-> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

was considered unsolicited bulk e-mail (UBE).

Our internal reference code for your message is 16416-06/SxgoZ3XUffHr

The message carried your return address, so it was either a genuine mail
from you, or a sender address was faked and your e-mail address abused by
third party, in which case we apologize for undesired notification.

We do try to minimize backscatter for more prominent cases of UBE and for
infected mail, but for less obvious cases of UBE some balance between losing
genuine mail and sending undesired backscatter is sought, and there can be
some collateral damage on both sides.

First upstream SMTP client IP address: [xx.xx.xx.xx] myserver.myserver.tld
According to a 'Received:' trace, the message originated at: [xx.xx.xx.xx],
  nobody

Subject: The Subject

Delivery of the email was stopped!"