bsd wrote:

> Hello,

> I have a problem that I can't solve (on another server (not the one
> related to previous thread))…

> Bayesian learning does not work any longer !!

> I have tried to :

> - recreate the .spamassassin folder
> - change permission to vscan:vscan
> - change permission to spamd:spamd

> Here are my options for local.cf file :

>> report_safe 0
>>
>> use_bayes 1
>> bayes_auto_learn        1
>> bayes_path /var/amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes
>> bayes_file_mode 0770

Are you also running spamc/spamd and have users other than vscan that
need to write to the files?

>> razor_config /var/amavis/.razor/razor-agent.conf
>> #use_auto_whitelist /var/amavis/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist

This is 'use_auto_whitelist 0' or 'use_auto_whitelist 1' and
# use_auto_whitelist 1
# auto_whitelist_path /var/amavis/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist
http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.1.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Plugin_AWL.html

>> skip_rbl_checks 0
>> use_razor2 1
>> use_dcc 1

I would (assuming the amavisd user is 'vscan' and the only user that
needs to write to the files is vscan):

bayes_path /var/amavis/.spamassassin/bayes
#    notice /amavis not /amavisd
#bayes_file_mode 0770

chown -R vscan:vscan /var/amavis/.spamassassin
chmod -R 750 /var/amavis/.spamassassin

> And a debug of amavis with detailed bayes info.

>> $ amavisd -d bayes,learn debug-sa
>> [48202] dbg: bayes: no dbs present, cannot tie DB R/O: /var/
>> amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes_toks
>> [48202] dbg: bayes: no dbs present, cannot tie DB R/O: /var/
>> amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes_toks

>> auto-whitelist: open of auto-whitelist file failed: locker:
>> safe_lock: cannot create tmp lockfile /var/amavis/.spamassassin/
>> auto-whitelist.lock.newmail.rmm.fr.48202 for /var/
>> amavis/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist.lock: Permission denied

> bsd @at@ todoo.biz

I'm not sure what to recommend if you need to allow other normal users
write access to the bayes and AWL files (other than moving both to
SQL) but if I'm not mistaken (and I could be) amavisd will only write
to files it owns.