friiz,

> i think i would be good to see an average timing of mail processing
> in amavisd-agent

Indeed. I wanted to do this earlier, but the opportunity never came.
Now with a jump to 2.5.0 I can afford to introduce 64-bit counters type
in a snmp-like database (to cope with a millisecond time resolution)
and a slight modification of amavisd-agent, so yes, it is coming:

  ElapsedDecoding              112.7 s         0.053 (s/InMsgs)
  ElapsedVirusCheck             75.6 s         0.035 (s/InMsgs)
  ElapsedSpamCheck           10732.4 s         5.017 (s/InMsgs)
  ElapsedTotal               12080.6 s         5.648 (s/InMsgs)

Thanks for reminding me at the right moment.