Jan,

> I am trying to get some statistics from amavisd. Found amavisd-agent
> in my test-install. Is there a man page or documentation that describe
> this command? Especially the output? It seems some SNMP oid.

Indeed SNMP oid lookalikes, these are statistics counters collected
by amavisd child processes and constantly being updated in a bsb database.
The amavisd-agent is just a simple program to show these counters,
until some kind sould provides a true SNMP agent to map these counters
to a true SNMP space.

> For example  i see:
>   CacheAttempts           71      5/h  100.0 % (CacheAttempts)
>   CacheMisses             71      5/h  100.0 % (CacheAttempts)
> But what does it mean? Is this an error? Should i have cache
> and doesn't it work or what?

Looks normal. Means 71 messages came in since amavisd startup
(each one causes one cache lookup, all failed to find a match),
on the average of 5 lookups per hour. The last column shows
a percentage of some other counter, and in the absence of
some meaningful other counter to compare to, a value is
compared against itself, always yielding 100%.

>> Dunno. Maybe ask on the amavis-users list? :)

Right. Followups (if any) to the amavisd mailing list please.