forget about it...
i used the policy table of maia where the column spam_modifies_sub was set
to N.
i set this to Y and it worked. so it overrides the global setting.
all of my questions are answered now. ;)
sorry

in the README.sql i saw following lines:
spam_subject_tag    varchar(64) default NULL,
spam_subject_tag2   varchar(64) default NULL,

i expect that these lines are for subject rewriting. what is the second
column spam_subject_tag2 for?