Hello,
  i am trying to set up a spam sender whitelist/blacklist, I need to be
able to retrieve the lists from a LDAP server.
I had included the amavis' LDAP schema and added the correct attributes
but amavid-new don't triggers the LDAP lookup for whitelist.

We can discard LDAP configuration issues because other LDAP lookups
(like BypassSpamChecks) are done correctly.

I think I am missing something in the config file.
The README.lookups of this version says that in order to activate the
ldap lookups the variables $spam_whitelist_sender_ldap and
$spam_blacklist_sender_ldap must be set. However, when I set them I get
perl's compilation error because this variables aren't declared.
. In the README.ldap of later amavis versions all references to this
variables are dropped so I am quite confused.

Can someone give me a pointer for this issue?
Thanks,
  Javier