Hallo Mark,

Op dinsdag 05 juni 2007 schreef Mark Martinec aan
amavis-user@lists.sourceforge.net:

 >> Actually, I did it both ways: amavis added to group clamav and
 >> clamav added to group amavis. [...] This certainly solved the
 >> problem. I'm still wondering why it doesn't work the other
 >> way, but I'll have another look at that later.
 MM> It seems this problem is affecting certain installations and is
 MM> reported every now and then, but is not affecting most of the
 MM> rest. It would be useful to locate the cause of it. It may be
 MM> related to the version of clamd, to the OS, and to the version
 MM> of the kernel. For starters let's see some versions that exibit
 MM> this problem.

OK. I'm running Linux kernel 2.6.18.8 on a Pentium 4 system.
The version of clamav is 0.90.3, of amavisd-new 2.5.1.

 MM> Just in case, please try to become user clamav, and try
 MM> accessing (for reading) some amavis temporary files in its
 MM> .../parts/ subdirectories.

That works without problem.

I still think I may have made a configuration error somewhere,
but won't have time to investigate that thoroughly until the
weekend.

Groeten,

           Hans.

jdh punt beekhuizen bij duinheks punt xs4all punt nl

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5/070407
 * Origin: The Wizard is using MBSE/Linux (2:280/1018)