On 6/8/07, Dave McGuire <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Jun 8, 2007, at 1:05 PM, alex handle wrote:
> >> I've had some serious crashes with InnoDB lately, which forced me to
> >> completely delete the amavis-new DB and restart fresh.
> >>
> >> So, what are the pros/cons on using ISAM vs InnoDB for the Amavis-
> >> new DB?
> >
> > i use myisam for read-itensive applications like postfix lookup
> > tables.
> > for quarantine and bayes i would use innodb because it has better
> > read-write
> > concurrency. myisam is also bad for such things because you often
> > have to repair
> > your tables after a server crash.
>
>    Hi Alex, please forgive me for jumping in, but I have a question
> about this.  My bayes-related tables are set up to use the MyISAM
> engine...Is InnoDB's r/w concurrency a big enough benefit for me to
> change my existing setup?

if you have a lot of traffic i would consider to switch to innodb, not
only for performance, but also because innodb is more robust!

If your server crashes it is very likely that your tables get trashed and you
have to run "repair table". With Innodb your system should be up and running
after a crash.

see http://www200.pair.com/mecham/spam/debian-spamassassin-sql.html

Alex