Eray,

> amavisd debug-sa | grep bayes gives me the following for each message
> passing through our mail server:
>
> [18178] dbg: bayes: database connection established
> [18178] dbg: bayes: found bayes db version 3
> [18178] dbg: bayes: Using userid: 1
> [18178] dbg: bayes: corpus size: nspam = 1668, nham = 1649
> [18178] dbg: bayes: tok_get_all: token count: 377
> [18178] dbg: bayes: cannot use bayes on this message; none of the tokens
> were found in the database
> [18178] dbg: bayes: not scoring message, returning undef
>
> (token count: 377 is the only part that changes with different emails).
>
> In other words, bayes is not scoring at all.  Any ideas on what can be
> wrong?  This is amavisd-new 2.5.0 and SA 3.2.0 and bayes is on Mysql.

I don't know, but you may turn on SQL debugging and see what SELECT
is being used and what is a result. See 'man DBI'. Something like:

#  DBI_TRACE=2 su vscan -c 'spamassassin -t -D <test.msg' >2.log 2>&1

then examine the log, look for
  SELECT ... FROM bayes_token WHERE ...  AND token IN (...)
and related.

Perhaps SA user list could offer more ideas.

In any case, do the testing as the same user amavisd runs under,
and keep the test simple, preferably by using 'spamassassin'
command line.