Jens,

> thanx for the quick reply. I'm running exim 4.3x as MTA.
> README.exim.v3app views me something about forward_method.
> Added the following entries to my amavisd.conf:
>   $forward_method = 'pipe:flags=q argv=/usr/sbin/exim
>    -oMr scanned-ok -i -f ${sender} -- ${recipient}';
>   $notify_method = $forward_method;
> Taken from REAMDE.exim.v3app

Yes, that looks about right, if you insist on passing mail
through pipes instead of the more universal SMTP.

> I have set it in amavisd.conf, but got an error like:
>
> 2007-06-27 17:33:18 1I3ZWA-0002Qq-A0 <= <> U=vscan P=scanned-ok S=13352
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 2007-06-27 17:33:18 1I3ZWA-0002Qq-A0 ** [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Too
> many "Received" headers - suspected mail loop

It looks as if mail got caught in a loop. The key issue is
that MTA must know that a message coming from amavisd via $forward_method
or $notify_method must not be scanned again. How to achieve this depends
on MTA, and I don't know much about Exim, sorry. Seems like the presence
of '-oMr scanned-ok' on a command line and an associated conditional
in MTA config should take care of it. I believe you know you ways
around Exim better than most folks on this mailing list do.

Btw, since you are using exim 4.*, passing messages between MTA and
amavisd through SMTP is easier than with previous versions, and
is a preferred method, allowing a content filter to pass
more informative status messages back to MTA.