Peter,

> I had the tag2_level and the kill_level set at the same number, which made
> it impossible to get a mail with an altered subject line. It does work
> quite well, thanks again.

Yes, setting tag2_level and kill_level at the same value is one
of the common approaches. Still, mail above kill level can reach
recipients which are spam lovers, or when $final_spam_destiny = D_PASS

> Are there any recommendations at what level one should set the tag2_level
> in relation to the cut-off level. I have had a very strict setting of 5.5
> for both of these, but the number of false positives had increased to an
> unbearable level for the users. Maybe 2-3 a week.

Having cut-off limit at the same level (or below) as kill level
is equivalent to $final_spam_destiny=D_DISCARD. The later
I believe makes the intention more obvious in a config file.

Some folks keep tag2 at a reasonably good spam threshold, e.g. between
5.5 and 7, but let through the marginal spam, marked as spam, up to
some higher safe kill level, perhaps 8 or 10 or 12, above which delivery
is no longer made (only quarantined).

If quarantine will be readily accessible to users,
set $final_spam_destiny=D_DISCARD and don't bother with
$sa_dsn_cutoff_level. Bounces to spam are bad practice anyway.

> My next step is to try the sql quarantine and then MailZu, so the users
> can take care of the problem themselves. Hopefully!

Have a gap between tag2 and kill levels as narrow or as wide as you like.
Try and see what makes more sense to you and your users.