Hi!

I user amavis-new 2.4.2 with 100 processes on a server with 8 GB RAM and
4 CPU 3.40GHz.
I don't have performance problems.
I use Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 with
perl-BerkeleyDB-0.27-1.2 and db4-4.2.52-7.1.
The daily mailtraffic is 1.000.000 incoming (95 % Spammails) on 2 server.

But one time at week I have problems withs DB Berkeley.

The following 2 parameters are on the allowed maximum of. 1.000

"Number of current locks" und "Number of current lockers"

After I must restart amavis.
So I write a script that check everey 15 minutes if the number of
lockers are OK, if not
then restart amavis.
This is not a ideal situation for me an so i ask if there is a solution
about the maximum numbers of locks (lockers). I could
increase the maximum to 1500 o is there some other solution?

Example output of db_stat

db_stat -c -h /var/amavis/db
209464  Last allocated locker ID.
2147M   Current maximum unused locker ID.
5       Number of lock modes.
1000    Maximum number of locks possible.
1000    Maximum number of lockers possible.
1000    Maximum number of lock objects possible.
436     Number of current locks.
494     Maximum number of locks at any one time.
872     Number of current lockers.
872     Maximum number of lockers at any one time.
4       Number of current lock objects.
8       Maximum number of lock objects at any one time.
27M     Total number of locks requested.
19M     Total number of locks released.
0       Total number of lock requests failing because DB_LOCK_NOWAIT was
set.
44074   Total number of locks not immediately available due to conflicts.
0       Number of deadlocks.
0       Lock timeout value.
0       Number of locks that have timed out.
0       Transaction timeout value.
0       Number of transactions that have timed out.
648KB   The size of the lock region..
12974   The number of region locks granted after waiting.
55M     The number of region locks granted without waiting.

Thanks,

~egon