Lennard Bakker wrote:
> Jerry Durand wrote:
>
>> At 02:47 AM 7/11/2007, Lennard Bakker wrote:
>>
>>> For days i am trying to get an email notification to the original
>>> recipient after a virus is detected. I can configure that a virus-admin
>>> address gets a notification, but not the original recipient.
>>>
>> My first concern is how do you know who to send the warning
>> TOO?  Many (most?) spam and virus messages have forged return addresses.
>>

> The message must be send to the recipient and not the sender.
> All virus messages are placed into a quarantine. By this way the
> recipient knows that there is a message to review and give a release
> command to receive the message.
>
> Lennard

I can understand a policy for SPAM or messages with bad headers, but for
viruses ???  User releases the virus and local outdated anti-virus does
not detect it, so user assumes it's safe.  Or if they are not up to
date, user complains that he can't open the attachment (antivirus blocks it)

Just let the end user decide what's a virus and what's not and then
spread it out in the local network...  Ugh...

My .02...

--