On 8/21/07, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On Aug 21, 2007, at 4:22 PM, Justin Kim wrote:
> > I have a little problem.
> > I set Amavisd-new to pass all the messages to the end users.
> > It flags 'spam' and then passes.
> > But still the system is using /var/virusmails directory to keep the
> > messages
> > in gzip format.
> > I guess it is for the business reason if we want to keep the
> > messages for
> > certain preiod of time in case the user asks to recover it.
> > But this /var/virusmails directory is filling up fast and keep
> > growing.
> > I don't know how to manage this.
> > I cannot even list the files in the directory because there are too
> > many.
> > Is there any solution for this?
> > And what can I do to manage this directory so that I only keep 30
> > days worth
> > of message zipped?
>
>   Uhh:
>
> # find /var/virusmails -ctime +30 -exec rm -f {} \;
>
>          -Dave
>
> --
> Dave McGuire

Justin,
Just so you are aware, you can keep files as you see fit but if you
are passing spam ($final_spam_destiny = D_PASS; or spam_lovers) then
one other option is to not quarantine spam at all. To prevent spam
quarantine, you can raise kill_level to a level higher than any spam
(e.g. $sa_kill_level_deflt = 9999;) which means quarantine will never
trigger, or you can disable quarantine ($spam_quarantine_to = undef;)
or you can set a resonable kill_level and cut quarantine off at a
certain level (e.g. $sa_quarantine_cutoff_level = 20;). Remember that
it's kill_level that triggers spam quarantine.