Hello,
I would like to show my main.cf and master.cf first.

master.cf
smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       150       smtpd

amavis unix    -       -       n       -       12      smtp
       -o smtp_data_done_timeout=1200
       -o smtp_send_xforward_command=yes
       -o disable_dns_lookups=yes

127.0.0.1:10025        inet    n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
       -o smtpd_authorized_xforward_hosts=127.0.0.0/8
       -o content_filter=
       -o local_recipient_maps=
       -o relay_recipient_maps=
       -o smtpd_restriction_classes=
       -o smtpd_client_restrictions=
       -o smtpd_helo_restrictions=
       -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=
       -o mynetworks=127.0.0.0/8
       -o strict_rfc821_envelopes=yes
       -o
receive_override_options=no_unknown_recipient_checks,no_header_body_checks
--------------

main.cf (smtpd shown only)
content_filter = amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024
receive_override_options = no_address_mappings

smtpd_client_recipient_rate_limit = 50
smtpd_data_restrictions = reject_unauth_pipelining
smtpd_error_sleep_time = 1s
smtpd_hard_error_limit = 20
smtpd_helo_required = yes
smtpd_recipient_limit = 1000
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks permit_sasl_authenticated
reject_unauth_destination reject_unknown_sender_domain
smtpd_reject_unlisted_sender = yes
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl_local_domain = $myhostname
smtpd_sender_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated

So I setup postfix with amavisd-new to scan spam only.
And I wanted to enable in main.cf
smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
             permit_mynetworks
             permit_sasl_authenticated
             reject_unauth_destination
             reject_unknown_sender_domain
             reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org

I have 150 smtp process and 12 amavis process working okay.
But when I try to put rbl check, my smtp process cannot handle the load and
times out.
Am I missing something? If I enable that reject_rbl on master.cf what is
going to happen?
Our server is really busy handling 500,000 messages per day and a lot of
them are spams. :(
I just wanted to cut more spammers from connecting and trying to send.
How can I do it?
Please help.

Thank you,

Justin