On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 12:48:40PM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> Forgive me if this has come up before, I did try searching the archives
> but found it extremely tricky to get the correct search and have found
> no useful information.
>
> I have a problem whereby a lot of spamassassin checks do not appear to
> be happening when mail goes through amavis. One particular email scored
> 3.632 when it first arrived, but when passed through spamassassin on a
> different server with same local.cf it scored 10.0.
>
> Both serers are running FreeBSD 6.1. The failing server is running
> amavisd-new-2.4.2 (20060627) installed from ports collection, with
> SpamAssassin version 3.1.4, Perl version 5.8.8. I am running clamd and
> amavisd chrooted, with Postfix mta. The other spamassassin install is
> 3.2.1 on Perl 5.8.8.
>
> I have tried running "amavisd debug-sa" but I could see no errors that I
> think would cause this, only some dns / whois timeouts and a problem
> with razor2 not working, but I think this is unrelated because I get the
> same high-score if I switch off razor2 in the standalone spamassassin.
>
> I am quite stuck with this and have no idea what to do to make it work.
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>

> Matt

...sorry, I think I may have just partly figured out what's wrong. The
two status lines look like this:

DATE_IN_FUTURE_06_12=1.668, EXTRA_MPART_TYPE=1.091, HTML_30_40=0.374,
HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_16=0.497, HTML_MESSAGE=0.001]

and

PART_CID_STOCK,RDNS_NONE,STOCK_IMG_CTYPE,STOCK_IMG_HDR_FROM,STOCK_IMG_HTML,
        T_TVD_FW_GRAPHIC_ID1,UNPARSEABLE_RELAY autolearn=no version=3.2.1

So it looks like only some of the tests are missing (perhaps to do with
the difference SA versions), but what I'm now noticing is the difference
in the scores for the different tests. Eg, the DATE_IN_FUTURE_06_12 test
is 1.668 for the amavisd scanner, but the standalone SA gives it a 3.1!!

Does anyone know how I can get them to be the same. I can see some small
differences in the contents of /usr/local/share/spamassassin/*.cf but am
unsure of how to interpret the differences, nor why they would be
different in the first place. Is it safe to simply overwrite one set of
*.cf files with a different one or is that not advisable? (sorry if
that's slightly off-topic).

Thanks again,